Nurse Team Manager
Australind or Eaton Medical Centres
|Nurses Award 2020|
|Mission Our mission is to provide excellent patient centered care in the diagnosis and management of illness and the promotion of health and wellbeing of all of our patients.|
Vision holistic, quality, patient-centered care for the community through a viable, well-governed and commercially successful medical organisation.
Professionalism: competent, committed and disciplined
Integrity: ethical, accountable and trustworthy
Compassion: respectful, empathetic and patient-centered
Excellence: quality, innovation and learning
|Assist in the delivery of evidence based clinical outcomes, through the provision of exemplary nursing care to patients presenting Australind & Eaton Medical Centres.|
|RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS|
|The following duties are to be carried out in conjunction with the Practice Policy and Procedures manual and in adherence to appropriate levels of confidentiality. Key areas of duties and responsibilities are:|
· Provide care to patients only within the scope of practice
· Provide care in the General Practice setting.
· Home Visit Assessments (EPC Nurse only)
· Conducts accurate and comprehensive assessments of patients presenting to the practice both with and without appointments to improve outcomes and minimalise adverse events
· Ensures appropriate Patient Health Record management and data entry
· Management of Drugs including ordering for Doctors Bag. Maintain rotate and check stock including expiry on a monthly basis, Discard expired medication accordance with Legislation
· Ensure S8 drug register is completed and up to date as per legislation
· Provides Health care services in accordance with Medicare Benefit schedule conditions
· Assists with procedures undertaken by the General Practitioners
· Assessment and treatment of wounds
· Conducts immunisations, including adherence to cold chain standards
· Undertakes Care Planning
· Undertakes Health screening including ECG, Spirometry, Vision checks
· Checks Diagnostic results and provide information to patients as released by General Practitioner
· Attends and contributes to Nurse Meetings
· Participation in ongoing CPD
· Supervises and Educates student nurse in general practice health care when required
· Assists in health Promotion and Disease prevention including active involvement in reminder/recall system
· Ensures all sharps and Blood and Body substances are disposed of appropriately
|SAFETY AND QUALITY|
|· Apply knowledge of occupational health and safety principles including infection control. |
· Consistently operate with awareness of OHS requirements and comply with them.
· Participate in the practice risk management and quality improvement processes.
· Record incidents and near misses in accordance with practice policy.
· Practice duty of care including meeting practice standards and accountability.
· Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information at all times.
· Ensure the practice building and workspaces are conducive to a safe and practical work environment.
· Work to clinical governance processes and standards.
|ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS|
|· Registered as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA|
· Wound management
· Knowledge of ECG’s
· Knowledge of infection control techniques and standards
|DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS|
|· Time management skills|
· Accredited Immunisation course
· Knowledge of Enhanced Primary care, Health Assessments and Care Plans
|OTHER EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS|
|CPR Certificate |