We provide a comprehensive service for the conduct of a wide range of industry and private medical examinations. We have a team which includes our doctors, nurses and our occupational therapist who work together to provide a comprehensive medical assessment service which includes:
- Full physical examination
- Audiometric testing (including Workcover compliant)
- Spirometry (lung function testing)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Drug urine testing (including synthetic cannabis (Kronic) testing)
- Alcohol testing
- We have onsite pathology through which we can provide:
- Laboratory drug and alcohol testing
- Gas chromatography – mass spectrometry (GCMS) testing
- General blood testing
Our services include, but are not limited to:
Industry and Employment Medicals
- Pre-employment medicals (use our paperwork or provide your own)
- Category 1, 2 and 3 rail medicals
- Annual health assessments for employers wishing to provide such a service to their employees
- Executive medicals
- Annual employer arranged full body skin cancer checks
- Commercial driving medicals
- Fire fighting fitness assessments
- Explosive handling medicals
- Workplace injury assessment and management
- Travel advice and vaccines for workers or volunteers heading off to work overseas
- Private license renewals:
- The Department of Transport will require medicals periodically for people with chronic medical conditions or those over 80 years of age.
- These medicals do require an initial assessment with our nurse so if you are booking for any form of driving assessment, please advise our reception staff when you make your booking so time can be made available for all the necessary staff and activities.
- Commercial driving assessments:
- Periodic examination is required by the Department of Transport for all people holding or applying for a commercial drivers license.
- These medicals require a pre-appointment with our occupational therapist and then a full medical examination with a doctor. Please advise the reception staff that you are booking for a commercial driving assessment so that the appropriate time and staff are made available for your assessment.
General Medical Examinations
- Diving medicals
- Recreational pursuits requiring medical clearance (e.g. speedway, horse riding, adventure trips)
- Aviation medicals for CASA Basic Class 2